- Overweight or obese people are more prone to heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, arthritis, heartburn, gastric
reflux and gallstones than those within a ‘normal’ weight range.
- Taking safe steps to reduce one’s weight to a healthy range has significant health benefits.
- Regular exercise and good eating habits are essential to maintaining a healthy body and reducing the risks of some
- Weight is gained if the amount of kilojoules (energy) one eats and drinks is more than the amount of energy one’s body
- Weight is lost if the amount of energy entering one’s body is less than what is being used by one’s body.
- Aim to balance the energy of food and drink consumed to the energy used in daily activities.
- UFS Pharmacies have a range of weight loss products. UFS’ pharmacists are always on hand to provide people with useful
information and advice on safe weight loss.