- Smoking may lead to cancer, cardiovascular disease, chronic lung disease and asthma.
- Stopping smoking has major and immediate health benefits.
- Acknowledge that quitting smoking successfully may take several attempts.
- Techniques for quitting include going ‘cold turkey’, reducing usage within two weeks, nicotine replacement products (gum,
patches, lozenges, sublingual tablets or inhalers), prescription medication, acupuncture and hypnotherapy.
- It is best to have a strategy starting with reasons for quitting to help stay focused, creating a plan to deal with
and following the plan working toward a quit date.
- Believe that quitting smoking is achievable!
- UFS Pharmacies stock smoking cessation products. UFS’ pharmacists are always on hand to provide people with useful
and advice on how to quit smoking.