- Studies have revealed that individuals who eat a wide variety of nutritious foods live healthier and longer lives with a
reduced risk of health conditions such as heart disease, cancer and diabetes.
- Essential nutrients for good health can be found in varying amounts across many food groups.
- Nutrition Australia encourages individuals to eat around 30 different foods each day.
- It is recommended that individuals eat plenty of vegetables, legumes, fruit and cereals (preferably wholegrain). These
are nutrient dense (contain a lot of nutrients for each kilojoule provided).
- Try to limit saturated fat and moderate total fat intake.
- Select foods low in salt or substitute salt for herbs and spices.
- Experiment with different vegetables, fruits, cereals and meats. Seek tips on various methods of preparation.
- Remember to drink plenty of water.
- Combine healthy eating habits with regular physical activity to achieve an energy balance.
- UFS Pharmacies have a wide range of products to assist one in maintaining a healthy and nutritious diet. UFS’ pharmacists
always on hand to provide people with useful information and advice on how to develop a healthy and balanced diet.